Wednesday Evening Adult Learning at ACP:
8 weeks, 5 May - 23 June 19h30-21h via ZOOM.
Join us as we embark on a new learning journey focused on John's Letter of Hope to the Seven Churches of Revelation. The word Jesus gave to the churches while John was imprisoned on the Isle of Patmos is a word that speaks as relevantly today as it did back in 90AD. It addresses a people who are struggling to live out their faith in Christ while they simultaneously feel beat up by the world/the systems/the cultures that surround them. It's a word that invites us to face our fears and anxieties, a word that brings comfort and challenge even in the midst of significant hardship and uncertainty. It's a word that would be good for us all to hear as we seek to engage and deepen our faith in Christ in the year 2021.
- May 5 An Introduction to John's Letter
- May 12 Our First Love: The Letter to Ephesus
- May 19 The Comforted Church: The Letter to Smyrna
- May 26 The Conflicted Church: The Letter to Pergamum
- June 2 The Compromised Church: The Letter to Thyatira
- June 9 The Complacent Church: The Letter to Sardis
- June 16 The Expectant Church: The Letter to Philadelphia
- June 23 The Challenged Church: The Letter to Laodicea
It has been a challenging year for us all, and yet there have been surprising joys, blessings and comforts throughout. Surely, one of our greatest joys has been the opportunity to get to know one another via Zoom- to share thoughts, ideas, reflections as they relate to scripture and our life together, only to realize that God has found a way to keep us connected/abiding in the hope that is only Christ's to give. If you haven't yet joined the Wednesday Evening journey please know it's never to late. You are more than welcome!